Saturday, November 16, 2013

Current Cravings: OTK Boots


Current Cravings:
Over the Knee Boots

My winter wardrobe tends to be full of the basics.  When you open my closet, it’s a veritable rainbow of neutrals…cream, navy, camel, gray, and black are my cold weather ROYGBIV.  So when I find something that can add a little pop of color to my everyday wintery look and a little oomph to my wardrobe, I have an instant crush.  This is why I’m saving up for these over-the-knee boots (or “OTK” as the cool kids say) by Chinese Laundry.

I love this boot.  The bordeaux color is a pleasant change from the usual black, brown, and cognac, but it’s still subtle and winter-y.  The OTK style has a little sass, but will still look adorbs with my camel cable-knit and jeans.  I also adore the little gold detail on the back…it stands in for those big bangles that I so miss wearing during the winter (many sweater snags have taught me to save bracelets for warmer weather).  Finally, the price of these boots is fantastic- at $130, they won’t break the bank and my cost-per-wear will be pennies!

These boots will take you from the PTA meeting to the playground and back again.  Although the OTK style may seem intimidating, it’s basically interchangeable with a riding boot, which makes it incredibly easy to wear.  Also, since it is so very similar to a basic riding boot, it will flatter most legs (even short ones like mine). 

Need suggestions on how to wear OTKs?  Toss them on with jeans and a chunky knit for a day out with the kids, or try with a sweater dress and leggings.  If you are in the mood for something a little sexier, try a mini skirt and a simple top or sweater.  Avoid longer hemlines (the boot will quickly over-power a pencil skirt or maxi) and also super-short hemlines (anything more than a couple inches above the knee will scream Pretty Woman…although we all love a Julia Roberts moment, this is probably not the best one to re-create).
 
Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. We are too much alike! I just got this almost identical Chinese Laundry pair from DSW -- http://www.dsw.com/shoe/chinese+laundry+southland+over+the+knee+boot?prodId=281406&productRef=SEARCH
    They are marked down to $84!! and fit AWESOME. Love all your posts keep it up! ;)
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete