Tuesday, November 12, 2013


I Made It!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies

My daughter is 15 months old and totally bananas for…well…bananas!  If I let her, she would literally eat bananas at every meal.  Needless to say, keeping up with my little monkey’s demand for fruit means that I always have a supply of bananas on hand…and often times at the end of the week I have a couple of overripe ones left over.  This means I’m always on the lookout for easy and toddler friendly recipes to use up my extras (you can only make banana bread so many times, after all).

My latest recipe find?  Easy-peasy banana oatmeal cookies courtesy of The Burlap Bag.  The original recipe calls for just two ingredients: Bananas and oats.  It recommends mix-ins like chocolate chips.  Although chocolate chips sound awesome, in my house I have a toddler who loves to share everything she eats with her doggie BFF, so I had to go a decidedly more dog-friendly route with my add-ons. 

My daughter loves these cookies.  I love that they are extremely low in sugar (we all know toddlers have enough energy without the extra sugar) and are a healthy, quick snack or breakfast.  Enjoy!
 
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe modified from The Burlap Bag

Ingredients:
2 Large Overripe Bananas
1 Cup of Quick Oats
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon Sugar or Brown Sugar
¼ Cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mash bananas with a fork.  Add all remaining ingredients to mashed bananas and mix.  Bake for 15** minutes and enjoy.

**I did find that my cookies stuck to the baking sheet just a little bit.  On my next attempt I plan to use a little cooking spray on the cookie sheet before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment